Make A Donation
Donate Online Now
To help support the mission of Alternatives For Girls, we invite you to make a financial contribution or donate needed goods or services.
Alternatives For Girls is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and your donation is tax-deductible.
Your gift makes a difference!
In the last year, thanks to contributions from supporters like you, we were able to empower countless youth and families. Here are a few highlights from last year:
- Last year, AFG served more than 8,000 girls, women, and families
- We provided shelter, life skills training, counseling and more to 113 homeless young women and their children
- Over the past 11 years, 98% of the girls who were served by our after-school programs through their high school senior year graduated from high school and went on to college!
- Last year, AFG provided 1,000 hours of street outreach to girls and women resulting in 3,895 total contacts. During these contacts, referrals were given out to homeless shelters (including AFG), substance addiction treatment, and other AFG services for further support.
AFG respects your privacy. We will not share your personal information with anyone outside of our organization at any time.
Would you like to be removed from our mailing list, update your information with AFG, or request that your donation is anonymous? Please contact email@example.com.
Financial contributions can be made in a number of ways:
- Mail a check made payable to Alternatives For Girls to 903 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, Michigan 48208.
- Make a credit card donation by telephone by calling (313) 361-4000, ext. 223.
- Make an online donation using AFG's secure web form. .
- If you're a Federal employee, designate a portion of your paycheck to AFG using Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) #39309.
- Seek a Matching Gift from your employer and double your gift.
- Make a contribution to the AFG Endowment Fund.
- Make a provision for AFG in your will.
- Buy "12 Months of Flowers" through English Gardens
- If you are a Kroger customer, sign up for community rewards on Kroger's website. Every time you shop, you'll earn rewards for AFG! AFG's NPO number is
- Check out Ship4Charities.com. If you send a Fedex package using their website, a portion of each sale will be returned to AFG.
For more information, contact:
Fund Development Manager
Donations of goods or services also support the Alternatives For Girls mission. Some examples of goods and services needed include:
- School supplies
- Hygiene items (travels and full-sized)
- New jeans (all sizes)
See our Wish List for more ideas.
For more information about in kind contributions, contact:
(313) 361-4000 ext. 223
How your gift can help:
- Your gift of $50 could fund school supplies for an entire year for two high school aged young women in our after-school programs.
- Your gift of $100 could provide a family intake basket to a homeless young woman and her child as she enters the AFG Shelter. Each basket is packed with necessity items, including outfits, towels, and toiletries, all to make her feel at home and cared for.
- Your gift of $500 could fund a Peer Educator-led community workshop for teen girls identified as potential juvenile offenders participating in a second-chance program.
- Your gift of $2,500 could fund an annual AFG college tour. Each year, we take one or more groups of 10 young women on a tour of colleges in Michigan and surrounding states. These tours help them solidify their plans for the future, and see that college is within their reach.
- Your gift of $5,000 could fund shelter, life skills training, counseling and other support services for a homeless young woman for six weeks, providing her a stable home and seting her on the path towards independence.